Monday 18 January 2010

A Mixed Bag

Have been massively busy due to starting a new part-time job and the fact that our house appears to be falling apart- luckily hasn't effected my craft room!

Have made a really mixed collection of cards today.  The first is this one using one of my new stamp sets "Simply Said".  I made this to take to home workshops to show customers some of the items that can be made using the hostess goodies that they could earn if they held their own workshop.



I used the Night Of Navy DSP from the patterns lll pack, this is a level 1 hostess reward.  I used a Whisper White card base and layered the DSP onto some Night Of Navy card stock before attaching it to the card base.  I then cut a smaller rectangular piece of Night Of Navy and Whisper White card stock, using the large flower stamp from the Simply Said set and Night of Navy ink stamped the image on the whisper white and attached it to the front of the card. I took a scrap piece of the DSP and punched out 2 of the flowers from the Boho Blossoms punch.

I turned the larger flower over to show the darker pattern on the reverse of the paper and layered the smaller flower on top. I then used the paper piercer and mat pack to make button-like holes in the center of the small flower and using a small piece of the silver elastic cord, i threaded the cord through and tied a knot joining the 2 flowers together.  You can use adhesive but I found that the cord works effectively, also the cord allows the flowers to stand out more and look more 3D.  I adhered the flower using a dimensional.  I debated using the silver cord to tie a bow around the spine of the card too but decided that I liked this design better. To finish it off I stamped one of the sentiments from the Simply Said stamp set in night of navy inside the card.

Recipe:

card stock/papers- whisper white, night of navy. night of navy dsp
ink- night of navy
punches- boho blossoms
accessories- silver elastic cord
equipment- paper piercing tool, mat pack, dimensional, trimmer, paper snips, snail adhesive


The second card is very simple and quick to make.



I made a Rose Red card blank. Cut a piece of So Saffron and used the scallop edge punch on the bottom. I then used the scallop circle and 1 3/8" circle punches  on some Rose Red and Very Vanilla card stock. I layered them then, using the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig and taking 2 of the stamps from Circle Circus, I used So Saffron and Rose Red ink to stamp onto the very vanilla card stock.  Just to highlight how useful the stamp-a-ma-jig is, I didn't use it on the first circle which came out very wonky, but I did use it on the other two. I attached the 3 circles to the So Saffron card stock and the card was done!

Recipe:

Card stock- Rose Red, Very Vanilla, So Saffron
Ink- Rose Red, So Saffron
Punches- scallop edge, scallop circle, 1 3/8" circle
Equipment- trimmer, snail adhesive

Will post more pics tomorrow as unfortunately the camera battery has just died!

Take care
H x

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty cards - love the first one especially. We are having a SAB blog hop today - so pop over if you'd like some SAB samples :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi helen

    I have left something for you over on my blog.
    x

    ReplyDelete